- Single molecule manipulation techniques
- Mechanical properties of tertiary and secondary protein structures
- (Un)folding pathways of individual protein molecules
- Kinetics and thermodynamics of fluctuations between different molecular conformations
- Protein energy landscapes
- Molecular dynamics simulations
- Shank, E., Cecconi, C., Dill, J., Marqusee, S., Bustamante, C., “The folding cooperativity of a protein is controlled by the topology of its polypeptide chain”, Nature 465 (7298), 637-641, (2010).
- Cecconi, C., Shank, E., Bustamante, C., Marqusee, S., “Direct Observation of the Three-State Folding of a Single Protein Molecule.” Science 309, 2057-2060, (2005).