Theoretical description of the electronic properties of solids at the nano-scale
SYSTEMS OF INTEREST
- optical properties of quantum dots and wires
- Charge and spin excitations in semiconductor quantum dots
- spin-orbit coupling at the nanoscale
- Nano-hybrid systems, metal/semiconductor nanoparticles, dye/semiconductor nanoparticles
- Electronic properties of semiconductor nano-wires, core-shell nanowires
- Nano-materials for photovoltaics and photocatalysis
- Carbon-based systems
- pseudo-empirical Hamiltonians, K.p formulations
- configuration interaction methods
- diagonalization techniques on massively parallel architectures
- evolutionary programming algorithms applied to solid-state nano-devices
- Nanoscience education methods in high-schools and undergraduate programs
- Since 2001 university researcher at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Modena and Reggio E.
- Teaching activities in theoretical physics and physics of solids. Committed to dissemination and scientific communication of science.
1996-2001 post-doc at the Department of Physics of the University of Modena
1994-1995 post-doc at the Department of Physics of the University of Antwerp (Belgium)
1989-1993 PhD fellow at the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), Trieste
- Editorial board of Physica Scripta
M. Alves-Santos, R. Di Felice, G. Goldoni, J. Chem. Phys. C 114, 3776 (2010)
E. Cancellieri, F. Troiani, G. Goldoni, Optics Express 19, 17156-17163 (2009)
G. Ferrari, G. Goldoni, A. Bertoni, G. Cuoghi, E. Molinari, Nano Letters 9, 1631 (2009)
G. Ferrari, A. Bertoni, G. Goldoni, E. Molinari, Phys. Rev. B 78, 115326 (2008).
S. Kalliacos, M. Rontani, V. Pellegrini, C. P. Garcia , A. Pinczuk, G. Goldoni, E. Molinari, L. N. Pfeiffer, K. W. West, Nature Physics 4, 467 (2008).
D. Kammerlander, D. Prezzi, G. Goldoni, E. Molinari, U. Hohenester, Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 126806 (2007)
J. I. Climente, A. Bertoni, G. Goldoni, M. Rontani, E. Molinari, Phys. Rev. B 75, 081303(R) (2007)
M. Rontani, C. Cavazzoni, D. Bellucci, G. Goldoni, J. Chem. Phys. 124, 124102 (2006)
G. Goldoni, F. Rossi, Opt. Lett. 25, 102 (2000)
G. Goldoni, F. Rossi, E. Molinari, Phys. Rev. Lett. 80, 4995 (1998)